Easy No Sugar Syrup Fiji Style Barfi
- 215 ml full fat whole milk (about 1 cup)
- 80 grams butter/ghee (5.5 tablespoons)
- 175 grams sugar (3/4 cup)
- 500 grams full fat milk powder (4 cups)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Sprinkles or chopped nuts for decorating
- Line your setting dish with parchment paper
- In a heavy bottom pan (non-stick preffered), on medium to medium low flame, heat the milk and butter/ghee until butter/ghee melts.
- Add sugar and stir well until completely dissolved.
- Add milk powder and ground cardamom. Stir well and cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes. The mixture will be thick. Be sure to keep stirring.
- Once the mixture starts to leave the side of the pan, add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir well and cook for another minute or until the mixture starts forming a ball. (refer to video for reference).
- Transfer to your setting dish, smoothen the top, and add sprinkles/chopped nuts.
- Cut to pieces and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from pan.
- Serve at room temperature. This will keep in an airtight container for a week or in the fridge or 2-3 weeks.
Youtube Video of me making it: https://youtu.be/unxY6QV3TtE