Aloo Tuna Tarkari Fiji Style | Canned Tuna with Potatoes
- 2 cans tuna (4.5 oz each)
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered then sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup sliced onions
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- chili pepper to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Fiji masala or garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup tomato puree/sauce or 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Cilantro to garnish
- Add oil to a pan and heat on medium high heat
- Add onions and sauté until golden and slightly browned
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Add chili pepper, sprig of curry leaves, and cumin seeds and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add turmeric powder and masala. Sauté for 1 minute
- Add tomato sauce/fresh tomatoes and cook until oil separates from the masala blend.
- Add potatoes, tuna, and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Add water, cover, and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with roti, rice, or any side of your choice.
Watch me make it below!