Lapsi Fiji Style | Fiji Lapsi Recipe | Maida Lapsi |
1/4 cup ghee
1 cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk (or you can sub just water)
2-3 cups water
- Add ghee to a heavy bottom pan on medium-low heat. Once warm, add in the flour and roast for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and aromatic.
- Add sugar and let dissolve. Once dissolved, lower flame to lowest setting or turn off completely.
- Add milk and 2 cups of water and whisk together. If your mixture seems dry, add more water in 1/4 cup increments. Stir until all lumps are removed.
- Return pan to stove and cook on medium low for 5 minutes or until the consistency is similar to pancake batter (see video linked below for example)
- Remove from heat and transfer to a vessel of your choice and cover with plastic wrap. Tightly covering wrap to the top of the lapsi will prevent a skin from developing.