Chicken Chopsuey Fiji Style | Stir Fry Chicken
Try this recipe today, it is a unique combination of Chinese, Fijian and Indian flavours and you will love it!
This recipe will serve 3-4 people, depending on your appetite 😌
Here is what you'll need:
- 1.5 pound boneless skinless chicken thigh meat - you can use any other meat of your choice
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- Red or green chili pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Pick-Me-Up or Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups carrots – cut into thin strips
- 1 cup onions, chopped & sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup bell peppers, sliced & chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4-5 cups bokchoy, chopped * see video for how I chop it *
- oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Crush garlic, ginger, and chili pepper into a paste.
- Marinate the chicken 1/3 of the ginger/garlic paste along with 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp of Pick-Me-Up sauce. Set aside for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat about 1-2 tbsp cooking oil in a non stick pan on high flame
- Add 1/2 the onions and 1/2 bell peppers and saute for a minute
- Add marinated chicken
- Add a pinch of salt & black pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir intermittently.
- Add the remaining bell peppers, onions, carrots and celery. Stir really well!
- After 5 minutes, add all of the remaining sauces and stir well and saute for an additional minute
- Add bokchoy and put on cover. Cook with cover on for about 1-2 minutes lowering heat to medium.
- The bokchoy releases juices. Scrap all the browned bits in the pan and mix into the sauce in the pan.
- Turn off heat and serve with rice and a side of freshly sliced cucumbers