These lactation cookies are sooo delicious and they helped me increase my supply. In the beginning, I ate 3 daily, which really isn’t hard to do since they are so darn good! If you’re Breastfeeding, you must try these!
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brewers' yeast
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
- Mix flaxseed with 1/4 cup of water in small bowl and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Beat butter, coconut oil, white sugar, and brown sugar together until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix well. Stir flax seed mixture.
- Whisk white flour, wheat flour, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl to combine well.
- Add to butter/coconut oil mixture and stir until just combined. Fold oats and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
**adapted from an Allrecipes recipe