Fiji Style Peda | Instant Doodh Penda/Pera | Indian Fudge | Milk Powder Peda
- 2 cups full-fat dry milk powder
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk (1/2 a 14 oz can)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg or 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of saffron* optional (If using soak in milk listed above)
- In a non-stick pan or kadai, on medium heat, add condensed milk and milk powder. Stir to combine well.
- Add milk (and saffron if using) and stir until a ball forms.
- Add ghee and nutmeg and combine well.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle, grease your palms and take about 1 tbsp of the mix and make into round balls.
- Gently press the balls and flatten them flat discs.
- Decorate to your liking. You can either coat them in granulated or sanding sugar or use a threat spool or Russian piping tips to imprint a design on it.